Thursday 28 January 2016

The Beginning: Visualising My Ideas Through Face charts





With a basis idea in my head of knowing that I would be combining superhero films and fashion and beauty together I wanted to jot down a few of my initial ideas so that I had some sort of direction to go in or something to work with and adapt. 

What I had in mind was a variety of characters based on ones that already exist and create a fashion and beauty book. For example Batman, Poison Ivy, Captain American and Thor. To start I wanted to portray elements of these characters and put them across though design or face chart, I find this really helps me to visualise if my ideas will work. I thought that this would be able to be shown to the audiences and readers so that they could take elements of these elaborate designs and use them in any way they wish to make themselves feel like a superhero (more confident and have more self belief).

As I slowly began to create a series, develop more characters and have a tutorial with Jennifer I realised that these looks were becoming more like face paint ideas rather than the high fashion beauty I was aiming for. As much as I liked the look of them they did appear slightly child like and just didn't convey the feel I am tempting to achieve. I also was realising that I was doing to much for these designs and that perhaps, in this case, more may be less for the beauty I aiming to achieve. 

I now know that this is not the way forward but I am glad I have attempted this as it has now inspired to me push the idea further but just in a different direction. I will now be doing far more research and be creating inspirational mood boards to get all my ideas and inspiration available for me to work from.  

No comments:

Post a Comment