Sunday 3 April 2016

Investigation into Printing Companies

Over the last week, while editing all my chosen images, I have been researching companies that will be able to assist me in creating and publishing my book. I have found this to be much harder process than expected and very stressful. I thought that all companies worked with the software InDesign which I would create my layout on and then send to the companies via this method. After looking at professional photography companies many of them have there own software that is all new to me which I found very overwhelming and concerning. To reassure myself I decided to ring these companies so that they could explain the techniques and process they go through which really helped and solved my worrying problem.

Companies I am very interesting in working with are either Blurb, Loxley Colour, Aperture Books or 1stByte as these companies create bigger sized books of A4 or over as well as using high quality papers and covers for that really professional look and clear and perfectly coloured images which is a big requirement. I also found that it is very difficult to find printers that will print to A3 books portrait scale. Many create big square or A3 landscape but not much for portrait so I spend a lot of time to find printers that were perfect for my brief. I also want my book to be of hardback and premium photo paper. I feel that this will strengthen the overall book and make it appear more powerful, important, high quality book. This fits the emotions and thought provoking feelings that all my images and will make my viewers interested in the book before even opening it. 
I now need to continue to edit and adapt as well as beginning to structure my layout of my book as well as title and possible use of quotes to label each concept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment