Sunday 27 March 2016

Adobe Creative Programming - Photoshop & Lightroom


Due to the easter holiday falling right at the time where I scheduled to edit my images and create the book layout I had a major issue of how I was going to use the correct computer programs available at university if I were at home. My initial idea was to travel back and forth over the period of time but I worked out that that was far too expensive, draining on me psychically and emotionally and quite a waste of time for me when I could be working instead. I then got some advice from a editor I had been getting some tips from and he suggested purchasing photoshop on my own laptop as they provide a cheaper student deal. I was unaware of this and had my doubt as my funds for this project were becoming quite stretched. In the end I decided to go ahead and download the program as its a great investment as now I can practice and learn all the different techniques and styles that John has taught us in my own time as well as be able to use it where ever I am. 


Although I did have another issue. When installing them I discovered that my laptop needed an update for the 2016 version of photoshop and lightroom I have purchased to work. I planned to beginning editing this weekend but the update took over 20 hours to finalise which slowed my schedule down by a few days but, as I am quite a head of time in my work, I still feel as though I have plenty of time to edit and retouch all my images effectively as well as create the book and send it to be printed. 



After a very long process I have now begun to slowly beginning to test and practice different techniques of softening and smoothing the skin as well as brightening eyes and lips to really refine these images and make the gain that professional, high end look. As well as this I want to define colour and the strength and clarity of the image for that very professional look. As I have attended many of John Whalvin's very helpful IT lessons I feel that I have very good notes and am now able to edit creatively. I have also found youtube tutorials very useful to learn what technique works best for the images as well as asking advice from those I have collaborated with in the past who understand photoshop better than I do. I feel less stressed knowing I am capable of working on photoshop completely independently without a teacher or any assistance and I plan on continuing to develop my skills in photoshop until I am 100% happy with the outcome all through the easter holidays.

Inspiration for editing - 'X MEN Apocalypse' Advertisement from 20th Century Fox UK Instagram account

I have also recently begun to follow a lot of film production companies instagram accounts. This has proven very resourceful and inspiring as it keeps me current with trends but also the new looks and how I can create the superhero vibe too. The image above has the lighting, skin complexion and definition that I hope to create through editing in my final images. I also really like the idea of enhancing the iris of the eye to really put through the super powers that this person possess within. This is something I will now do to my own images. 


No comments:

Post a Comment