Sunday 21 February 2016

Designing Adapted Face Charts







For me, social media is a great way to gain inspiration and new ideas. This week was New York Fashion week and through these technologies such as Snapchat and Instagram I was able to gain access backstage at M.A.C. cosmetics. I follow many companies such as these and find they are great way to learn new techniques, latest products and how to use them. 

The element that caught my eye the most was the face chart designs. They were drawn from scratch with pens, pencils and make up products in an very artistic and new fashion to myself. 
As I need to update my face charts I thought I would attempt this style of design too and see if it worked for me. 




The three above are my practices of this style of design. As much as I enjoyed being able to sketch and draw for this project I did find that it was much harder to replicate that it looks. I have always loved to draw but over the years I have forgotten this passion of mine so I thought this would be a good time to try again. The professional images have lines that are very accurate and I found it very tricky to re create this look. Although I am quite happy with how mine turned out as a first go I feel as though they are not very professional and they don't really show the make up styles I want to design unlike the real M.A.C drawings. 

This art style was good for me to test and practice with as I gained some new skills and interests but I have now learnt that for me personally it is best to stick with the original face chart layouts I am used to and can work with well as I have had a lot more experience with them at university and they showed my designs clearer. In the future, with far more practice, I would like to be able to create works just like this with more precision as I have always loved to sketch and draw. 







No comments:

Post a Comment