Saturday 20 February 2016

Test: Post Production Work on 'Time Travel' Test





After my last test shoot I thought this would be a good opportunity to gain some more skills in photoshop and other post production mediums. I felt as though I had some good images and, as I was torn between using more effects such a blurring or layering on the images or just focusing purely on the beauty side, this would be a good chance for me to test and decide the best outcome and get advice from other peers too. 

I also feel very reassured that I am collaborating with a great photographer as, although my photography skills are getting better with each shoot I do, I can clearly see that the photography is not up to the standard I want. This test shoot made me see that I cannot create the coloured gel effects by myself effectively as the colours were either far too bold or not bold enough (this can be seen in the images above).

Below are few attempts and experiments at layering, fading and a few other effects such as smoothening the skin and just generally improving my photoshop skills.







I really enjoyed spending the day working on this images and getting to grips more with photoshop in the IT sessions as it has never been a strong skill of mine. To me, the outcome is quite pleasing but I find that the layering can effect the quality of the images individually and it loses the techniques and beauty of the make up design created which I don't like the feel of and my book is about beauty for everyday people not about high styled editing. 

I do think that the first three images, without the clock work backgrounds worked better than the last three as the images appear clearer and slightly more precise. Although, I do like the effect of the clock faded with the model as it portrays the ability a little more but I think this is something I may have to put aside as it doesn't look very profession compared to the first three with just a white background.    

I learnt a lot of different issues and elements that worked well from this test that I can now progress forward knowing and adapt for my next test or even in the future after university on another project. To me I think that the effects may be a little unneeded and, after getting opinions from friends and other students, they seemed to agree too. I will continue to test, perhaps on a female next time to see the difference and, again, what works and what doesn't efficiently. As I have a good symbolic colour language now I plan to re do my face charts and also begin to think about hair styles too. 









No comments:

Post a Comment