Monday 8 February 2016

Test: Practicing Eyeshadow products for FMP


In my freelance and industry management unit in second year it was an essential element that we created three youtube videos. I found this unit extremely interesting as I thought youtubing wasn't for me at all as I hate to hear myself talk and see myself on camera as I didn't find it very flattering. 
It actually built up my confidence considerably and I found it a fun and good way for me to make my ideas and practices easier for people to see rather than just images and still pictures. Its also really built up my skills in IMovie which I never thought i'd gain or need. I plan to use this skill after university to perhaps discuss topics such as film.

So with this in mind I decided to create this video practicing possible eyeshadow colours and products that I will be using in my final major project. 
As I know eyeshadow isn't my strong suit when it comes to make up  application I decided I needed to test with products and practices applying them too. As I have a good idea of the colour palette I will be using for each of my superpower based themes (Flight-Black, Psychic-Metallics, Blues & Silvers, Healing-White, Invisibility-Skin, Natural, Teleporting-greens, Greys, Time Control-Browns, Bronzes and Immortality-Golds) I worked with colours that would be most helpful at this point. 

From this I really found that I do need to keep on testing and that I have the tendency to rush and panic if it goes slightly wrong. Creating this video showed me that even if I do anything incorrect it can be adapted or blended out or as SJ Froom says 'its just make up it can be wiped away its not the end of the world'. I felt as though once I relaxed and took my time I was actually better than I thought at creating eyeshadow looks. I feel as though I do need to be a little more confident in my capability as I can be quite negative and judgemental of my work even before I've begun because I always over thinking every detail and compare my skills to others. 
I also discovered the products that work well for me, especially all the Urban Decay naked palettes as the pigments are great to blend and work with.

I now intend to take this a step further and work on other people to keep developing skills with eyeshadow and working on different eye shapes so that for the final looks are perfect. I will also test colours and products for skin tones, lips, brows and other elements of the body.   

No comments:

Post a Comment