Sunday 14 February 2016

Designing Initial Face Charts


 With a good colour palette in mind, created by the symbolic colour language I research in my previous post and possible lightening for the photography in progress, I felt ready to beginning designing initial face charts for each concept. I also have been watching many films that possess my choose super abilities such as 'Jumper' and 'the avengers' to help inspire me further.

 Using the colours blue, white, gold and black I wanted to create designs that the viewers can recreate or take inspiration from to build up there confident and self belief through their appearance as well as having that editorial beauty feel. I also wanted the make up to portray the underline ability which I knew would be quite a tricky task as my skills in creating designs on face charts has never come naturally to me. Although, as I began to work, I found that as I had done so much preparation and research the initial ideas came to me with ease. I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome of these as in the past my face charts have had quite an beginners look to them but from this I realised that all my other units in the past involving creating face charts has given me so much practice and understanding that my work has made a giant leap from first year. 

Invisibility


Flight


Teleporting 


Immortality


Healing


Time Travel


Psychic


From these designs, that I am surprisingly proud of possibly due to the fact that my last ones were too much like face paint, I can begin to test on real models to see what works and what doesn't or can be adapted further. I now feel like my project has some good direction and a solid starting point so now I have the platform to really begin to create and design over the next week or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment