Saturday 13 February 2016

Test & Meeting with Photographer


Yesterday I travelled up to London to have a meeting with the photographer I will be collaborating with on this project. After looking at all his great work over social media we both thought it would be a good idea to meet in person so that he really understood the look and style I wanted to create. I was also aware that after my first test shot that my photography skills are very basic. This was a big problem that I need to sort out and solve quickly as I would definitely be needing some help to create beautiful images. This was a very nerve racking experience for me as I tend to over worry and panic about worse case scenarios before situations have even begun but the meeting ended up going extremely well and he was excited about the ideas I was suggesting. I also got to learn as he demonstrated the technique for lightening we would use and he gave me a chance to test this myself (Images shown below). I really learnt that collaborating is such an important part of this industry to build up connections and bounce ideas off one another. If I hadn't had gone to meet him I would have never made such a good connection that I can use again in the future after university.




Before the meeting I sent my project proposal for him to read as well as creating some mood boards containing photographers work, such as Jake Hicks and Sebastian Kim, that really inspired me and has the style I wanted to recreate for my project.





I found these images all evoke a very powerful and strong atmosphere and feeling once viewing them. I believe this is due to the bold, striking coloured lighting although the post production special effects movements are something that may take away the make up focuses beauty style I wish to convey. As powerful and confidence are a few of the emotions I want to convey this is the effect that I am very determined to recreate.
 Something, through my time at university, I have always wanted to incorporate coloured gel lighting in my work but never really have the right opportunity to do so. As symbolic colour is a very important element in my project now it is the perfect chance to work with it. I now need to keep on testing and practicing this technique as I know it is something I haven't done before but knowing I have a good photographer to collaborate and help me with this is very reassuring and a relief so now I can focus on designing each look. 


No comments:

Post a Comment