Tuesday 16 February 2016

Tutorial with Jane


As I felt that I had been working very hard on my final major project I felt very prepared and knew I had a lot to discuss with Jane. I explained what I had been up to and she seemed very pleased with the path that I am on and interested in the colour symbolic language Elizabeth had suggested to me to research. This positive but critically analysed tutorial made me realise that all the work I have been doing is paying off and makes me feel ready to continue all the hard work further. 

When scrolling through my blog she noticed my images from my first test shoot, she, although she said the images were quite beautiful and a good start, to practice more with my post production and photoshop work as well as using a hairdryer instead of a fan to really get accurate hair and clothing movement which I had never thought of but I will definitely be testing with in my next test images. 

The thing that I found most helpful today was her enthusiasm to carry on with my colour symbolic language and the links and connection to historical art and culture. She noted that to stop at the three colours I had previously looked at and used as a palette on my initial face charts may restrict me slightly and might loose the underlining theme of each superpower. After some thought and her suggested artists and books to research I completely agreed with her statement. 

From this I now intend to research into more colours with meaning and purpose that I can link to the emotions that I want my viewer to experience when looking at my final images. I will also be preparing for a test shoot later this week and considered adapting my face charts once I have established my added colours to my symbolic colour language. 




No comments:

Post a Comment