Saturday 26 March 2016

Preview Shots: "To be Immortal"

Final Image of the 'Immortality' Concept before Post Production

Definition of Immortality - 'The ability to live forever, eternal life. the quality of deserving to be remembered for a long time; timelessness'











Here are just some of the many examples of the immortality concept. This look was research and inspired by many mediums such as the art work Gustav Klimt called 'The Kiss' which includes a variety of different, empowering golden materials. I also watched a recent film production called 'The Women in Gold', this gave an true history of the painting and its origins that I found very interesting and informing how the use of gold can be used and its meaning.
 Reflecting on this shoot, it went so much better than excepted, I believe this was due to the amount of trailing and organising I had done prior to this shoot. The lighting fit the white, heavenly pure shine glowing behind the hair just as I had asked for and the gold became very shiny and high end. I also included the golden nails I had designed in many images where appropriate as they finished the look off very well and blended in with the overall design. In testing the hair, I knew this was a very fragile and fiddly process so I was aware of how calm, patience and gentle I needed to be for this work which, after a while, finally started to come together and was a great success. This was a moment in the shoot when I was very glad I had a make up assistant for the extra pair of hands to help. I've felt as though I have learnt how to be a leader and in control far more this project as normally I would just stand back and be told what to do by other. This project has made me see I am capable of a lot more than I give myself credit for and I do need to remember this now and after university.   
I now need to edit certain elements just to refine the overall beauty of the image as well as highlighting the skin and colouring of the make up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment