Saturday 26 March 2016

Preview Shots: "To be Psychic"

Final Images of the 'Psychic' Concept before Post Production

Definition of Psychic - 'relating to or denoting faculties or phenomena that are apparently inexplicable by natural laws, especially involving telepathy or clairvoyance. Relating to the mind and soul'










Using all the research and inspiration I have done over this term here are a just a few of the many examples of my psychic concept shoot. This shoot was probably my favourite and the one I am most proud with. The idea was capture a variety of blue from the blue period of art work created by Pablo Picasso in different shades to convey the emotions I researched previously when creating my symbolic colour palette. Blue was a colour that symbolised both strength and weakness in society. The power of being clairvoyant is a constant wonder in the world today that many think they possess. It too can also been seen for its strength and weaknesses, linking the two well together. I wanted the metallics and glitter to shine and convey the feel of psychic, out of this world abilities. 
The top I customised for this shoot worked so well as it caught the blue lightning coloured gels and fit the model perfectly as I had a trial fitting the day before the shoot to avoid any unwanted issues. I also was pleased with how the model posed include the nails I made to make the images more interesting and detailed. 
I now plan to develop these images further in post production to really make finished and professional. Reflecting on this day, I feel the more and more I learn to direct politely the more confident and strong I feel and therefore the final outcome portrays this too.   This is becoming such an amazing experience that I am learning such a amazing skills and traits both academically and personally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment