Monday 14 March 2016

Test: Types of Lighting for Photography


I decided to collaborate and have another test shoot with my photographer to really get on the same page as each other and understand the looks I wanted for each ability prior to final shoots. 



After testing around we came to the conclusion that perhaps having the same lighting for each image may not really capture the emotions and feelings of each concept. For example where flight would work with darker and coloured gels as this is a powerful statement making design this may not work with invisibility which is supposed to be completely natural, pure and beautiful. He also agreed that to truly capture the make up and hair the images would work much better with mid length and close up rather than full length where the attention may be taken away from the face. 

This also gives me a chance to create my make up designs with different photography lighting so that I gain more skill and a wider range of final images for my portfolio after university rather than having the same lighting through out which may appear a little dull after a while . 








I am very glad I made the effort to do this as I now feel very confident in my photographer which was a main concern of mine and almost ready for the final shoots to begin after a few more make up tests I need to achieve. After university he also offered to help me extend my photoshop skills which I intend on taking up the opportunity to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment