Tuesday 1 March 2016

Initial Hairstyle ideas and Mood Boards


Hairstyling is something that I still find such as tricky element of beauty. Sometimes it can go according to plan and others it can be a complete disaster. Reflecting back on my time at university I know that the skill that I have gained at slowest rate and is my weakest skill would have to be hairstyling. Although lessons we used to have with Lottie and Seema were very inspiring and helpful me gain the started skills I needed. I think this is because hairstyling is such a fiddly and detailed process that requires a lot of skill and patience that perhaps I need to work on. In my final major project hair will be a vital factor but I want to create hair that is quite simple but visionally stunning. 

As I now have all model 100% confirmed after a lot of cancellations and issues I can now create and test designs that will work with their hair and match the super power ability. Below are the initial mood boards for my female super power concepts that I will practice and adapt until they suit the looks assigned. 


Immortality is all about the symbolism of gold and life. I really want to portray this thought every aspect of my overall design. When researching this I found that many examples showed very simple bleach blonde shiny hair but I felt this wasn't enough. When looking more into celebrities such as Pixie Lott and catwalks such as the Topshop Unique SS12 and Fendi SS12 I found that gold leaf would be a great material to test with as its very statement making and beautiful when done right. 


When it comes to flight, movement is the main aspect that really needs to be considered. I wanted to create a design that was elongated and impacted making when used with a fan or wind machine. Straight hair is a trend that is always on a pendulum swing. Now, with shine and volume, straight is back on being a big trend, this can be seen on the Chloe SS14 catwalk and for many hair product campaigns such as pantene. Although this look is easy it works extremely well with movement as each stand can be seen clearly and appears tidy. After initially testing I will probably adapt this idea further to be more editorial and innovate.


My Psychic concept was one that I struggled to come up with an idea for so I felt that I needed to research this one a little more and go back the original looks of historical mystical psychics. I discovered that their hair, more often that not, was covered with some sort of jewellery garment or patterned material. This was very interesting and something that I feel could be made contemporary just like celebrities such as Rihanna have done. This will need a few tests to see which texture and style of hair works best with a head piece. Although I do want to test this as I don't want the band to cover the pattern of the hairstyle I may create. 


The overall vibe of my healing concept is the hippie, contemporary fashionable festive feel that is so popular today. I feel that using nature elements connects the link of the natural, pure healing ability. I also found that celebrities like Vanessa Hudgens that attended festivals such Coachella were such a great resource to discover how to create these messy but stylish looks. This style always gives me the chance to experiment with head bands and other accessories which I look forward to trying.


The concept of my invisibility design, is natural beauty. The means that no one needs to hide and can show how beautiful they are inside and out. For this look I wanted a easy going, relaxed hairstyle but still with the element of high fashion. Many celebrities wear their hair in such a way to award shows and movie premieres. As up style hair has never been my strong suit I feel as though I really need to test this look the most as well as experimenting with the use of incorporating plaits too. I also think that this look is harder achieve as the looseness but still tidy is something that I have always struggled even on myself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment