Saturday 5 March 2016

Test: Reflecting on 'INVISIBILITY' Concept Trial




My whole idea behind the 'Invisibility' concept was that no one needs to hide who they are and that natural beauty should be shown just as we did so confidently when we were children without a care or worry in the world of how we looked or appeared to others. I want my viewers to be able to look the way they want without judgement or negative implications. I think that the 'invisibility' concept can show this idea perfectly as it is all about hiding and blending into the world. I really want the lighting used in this to be light and blend into the model to also reenforce the feel of invisibility and fading into the background. 

My mood board shows a lot of works created by the cosmetic company MAC in catwalk shows such as Proenza Schouler A/W 2016 and Tome NYC A/W 2016. I find their simple use of gems and perfect, dewy, natural skin is delicate and fragile yet so moving and beautiful and that less can sometimes be more. I also think that use of gems represents the see through, invisibility power that this concept its portraying. I also find the coral lips use in Valentino SS13 catwalk, that are apart of my happiness emotion in my symbolic colour language and all the orange research in a previous post, fit perfectly as its appearance is light and blends the whole natural vibe I want to create together. Although this concept is mainly about creating the perfect, clean skin I want the eyes to have a orange, brown, mask like eyeshadow just to define the eye a little and light up the colour of the iris. 
Below are my face charts and images from my latest test shoot for this look.










As this shoot took place on the same day as my previous 'flight' post these images were also taken by myself and not a photography student which was a big shame but something I had to deal with and create a solution for. I felt that the images would have been much better collaborating with a photography as I wanted to test more colour gels but on the plus side this did give me the opportunity to gain more photography skills such as using soft boxes as well as my editing ability. I also began to realised how much I liked the natural feel of these images without any photoshop effects so that the make up can be clearly seen by the viewer. 

Despite this, these images turned out much better that I planned. At first I was worried that the simplistic look of this would appear boring as I am so used to creating elaborate and over the top designs. After looking back and editing just the skin and brightness I can see that the natural look actually was more successful and pretty than I originally thought. Although I liked the make up on the face and skin, as you can see, as a last minute decision to test more gems around the neck I added a few with sprit gum which I don't like the look of as its quite messy and is unnecessary and on random areas on the chest. I have now considered using more gems around the neck to create a necklace like pattern or something similar to avoid this untidy look that the images above show or just keeping this completely natural buy used powder all over the neck and shoulders too. 

Overall this test was quite a success and would be much more visually pleasing once collaborating with photography and with proper fashion styling. I now plan to develop this further and edit more to test different techniques and colours that may work with this concept. I think adding a orange/pastel coral colour eyeshadow and lip will also capture the super power effect more along with the use of symbolic colouring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment