Friday 25 March 2016

Preview Shots: "To Travel in Time"

Final Images of the 'Time Travel' Concept before Post Production


Definition of Time Travel - 'To travel through time into the past or the future"









Above shows a few examples of the images created for the 'Time Travel' shoot. As this concept contains some special effect techniques, that I didn't want to get rid of completely, I wanted to really take my time applying all the cogs to achieve the appearance of them connecting and becoming as one giant clockwork unit. The lightning took a long time to set up as I wanted to light to hit the cogs delicately and shine just on the side to bring them to life and with a little more focus on them. I was very pleased with how this turned out and the variety of metallic colours brought the whole image to life. I was so glad I tested this concept several times before as, when it come to the final shoot, I was very prepared and knew what worked and how to apply them so they stayed very secure through the entire shoot. I also am pleased with the appearance of the customised shirt I designed as it blends the whole image together as well as the smooth pose of the brown blazer over the shoulder in some of the images. With some post production work I will now develop these further until they really capture the time travel historical theme it portrays. Reflecting on this day, I am so glad I decided to work on male models too as this will look great for my portfolio after university. Its also built up my confidence more and made me solve minor issues that occur rather than panicking and letting someone else sort it as I have done in other units. 

No comments:

Post a Comment