Friday 25 March 2016

Preview Shots: "To Teleport"

Final Images of the 'Teleporting' Concept before Post Production

Definition of Teleporting - 'Teleportation, or Teletransportation, is the theoretical transfer of matter or energy from one point to another without traversing the physical space between them' 








Here are few examples of the teleporting concept. After viewing a super power film production called 'Jumper' I realised how mysterious and dark this power could be and wanted to convey this through make up and styling. This character concept is all about escapism and that not all super abilities can be used for good giving that sense of darkness through the overall image. Reflecting on the day, at first the lighting idea my photographer tried I really wasn't happy with as it was far too dark and just wasn't the editorial feel that I wanted, I initially thought I would just stay quiet as I didn't want to offend but I would have been so annoyed if I hadn't and then ended up being unhappy with my final images. I am so glad i spoke up as he took what I said on board and eventually I was pleased with these images as the poses was something that needed to be quite strong with the feelings I wanted to convey in this design. I also decide to add the shimmer green effect into the mask after Elizabeth explained to me that green was the colour of the chakra for teleporting which was unaware of and I had to include this really define this look. 
This image is one that I plan to do the most work on in post production to really bring the concept to life possibly added a glow or aura around for the defining mysterious vibe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment