Thursday 24 March 2016

Preview Shots: "To Fly"

Final Images of the 'Flight' Concept before Post Productions

Definition of Flight - 'The process or action of flying through the air'










Here are a few examples from the hundreds of images my photographer took for this shoot. Although this is a great idea, having so many images it means I have lots of images to work with and choose from and it is very hard to narrow the images down to the best few. 
As Alexander McQueen was quite a big influence for this concept I wanted to really capture the bird like feel and darkness with bold lighting as well as make up and styling. Reflecting on the day, the lightning for this image was what myself and the photographer having been trying to learn and tested the most as it was very difficult to re create but I was so pleased with how they finally turned out and was very similar to the work I previously referenced. 
The blue and red is so striking and works so well with the fierce make up and movement of the long hair to really capture the feel of flight through symbolic colour.
 We did have a quite a bit issue as once we had thought we had completed the shoot for the day, when looking back on the images, the whole time my models strap was twisted. This meant we had to re shoot the whole thing which was very time consuming but needed to be done as the strap was very noticeable. I also like the variety of close and long range images I have as they are more interesting and editorial and show every element of the design. I was also very prepared again for this shoot and had every product and piece of clothing and jewellery laid out in order of need which I have learn makes the whole experience in the studio much calmer and therefore my work stronger.
I now need to edit them in post production to really make them of a high standard and as professional as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment