Thursday 24 March 2016

Social Media Development



After my presentation I felt that I was ready to continue my journey and take all the advice and constructive criticism Emma, Elizabeth and Jane had all given me. They made me aware that that I need to choose careful my fashion styling for each concept to really fit the theme and overall look as well as create different poses or crop images to create different looks and make the images more interesting rather than all the same, which I completely agreed on. They also advised me on elements such as softening skin, slimming models and getting rid of stray hairs that can be altered in post production to really make the images contemporary and more of a series of theatrical themed characters. They also agreed on keeping the images beautiful and simple rather than added photoshop effects to distort the image. 

I then decided to re awaken my professional instagram account that I had begun to make during my freelance and industry management unit. I hadn't had much to put on it that I was really proud of for a while. I now plan to add some more of my work and also hope to put my final images of this account to get my work more out into the world for others to see as social medium such as this is the way forward in todays society. I plan to link my instagram account to my final book so that those that view my book can find out more about the looks, for example products used and get in contact with me for any other questions. This is a great way for me to make contacts professionally that before university I would never have thought about doing. 


I've also begun to update my business card that I created in the freelance and industry management unit in InDesign. After attending many of the talk held at university it is also a finishing note that having business cards on me at all times is a must to make it in this industry. I want to work on my card to give the artist and professional vibe that I hope to give as a make up and hair designer. I also really need to update my website, this is something else I plan to do after university as I have gained valuable IT skills that I can not do this in my own time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment