Tuesday 1 March 2016

Tutorial with Jane


This week, after focusing so much on my dissertation, I now feel very relieved and able to completely focus on my final major project as well as my work based learning unit. When seeing Jane today I really wanted her advice on what I am doing, how I am doing and what more I can do as lately I have suddenly begun to feel extremely overwhelmed and stressed and I knew I needed to change this. 

Jane's comments were very helpful and to the point. When it came to my latest test images of time travel she was happy with the progress in testing and trials of different mediums such as including youtube videos as well. Although she wasn't very impressed with the styling, as the jacket came across to blocked and structured and didn't flow within the image. On reflection I agree and see her view as I knew something was wrong with the image just wasn't sure what it was. 

She suggested, as my base theme is super powers and abilities, to include elements that flowed and lightweight material with the wind to create movement that linked to some of the historical art images I previously posted about. 
We also both agreed that the colour symbolism language is quite strong now and that I need to move on from researching to lots more testing designs. 

I also now plan to test more make up designs as well as hairstyles and research into the reasoning behind choosing them and whether they will work or not so that I feel more on track, calmer and more prepared the closer the final shoots get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment