Thursday 10 March 2016

Research: Use of Movement Inspiration

Inspiring movement video concept for Mango Tribal Spirit SS/16 collection 



For the element of hair and some styling the use of movement will be considered for concepts such as flight. Movement within an image can convey a sense of power and strength when the model is still and solid yet her clothes and hair are blowing in the wind. This video was very inspiring to me as, although the hair and clothing movement is subtle, it brings that element of desired strength and intimidation and I believe this makes the overall video more interesting and appealing. The hair styles I have designed all have elements that will move once paired with a fan or wind machine within the shoot, this will be used depending on the right super ability and mood and atmosphere trying to be achieved. 

After talking to emma and from this video it has made me take a slightly different direction in my project, as I am a make up and hair student, that is where my main focus should be as this project is all about achieving a beauty look to make viewers gain confident and inspiration for their own gaining self belief looks. I also realised this when reflecting back at my proposal and viewing the books of the competitors such as MAC and Make Up is Art, to achieve showing there make up designs their images are all mid length or close up and this is something I need to recreate in my own way. Then styling should reenforce this rather than be its own important element. Therefore I plan to now shoot images that are of mid length and close up for clearer and cleaner images of the face rather than full length where the face is less visible.   

No comments:

Post a Comment