Saturday 12 March 2016

Research: Inspirational Poses


A worry of mine that I realised I had not really considered was creating mood boards for my models to reference from when it comes to the empowering and thought provoking poses I would like them to re create. The poses will be either mid length or close up rather than full length and are a vital element as they have to convey the emotions of their specific ability clearly and subtly but with a powerful and strong stance and need to help the models in generally. I researched into may poses and found that Vogue magazine and Instagram accounts such as Harpers Bazaar are an extremely useful resource for this. 
Below are the mood boards I will show my models prior shoot to inspire them as well as understand the looks I am aiming for. 





Reflecting back on these mood boards I really want the model to capture the really etherial, simple but strong and beautiful pose that can be seen in the designs and sculpture of greek gods I previously researched at the start of this project. Their faces and poses show such strength and power through such a subtle angles that I want to recreate. Such as the 'Super hero' stance I want a simple movement like the the tilting of a chin up wards or the look off into the distance look to be what conveys each power clearly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment